Saturday, February 18, 2017 | 4-6pm
UA Campus Recreation - MAC Gym | 1400 E. 6th Street
Join us to help challenged athletes achieve their potential!
Bring your family and friends to this FREE event and meet many of the athletes who will share their passion to overcome obstacles. Enjoy demonstrations of adaptive sports, the opportunity to meet athletes, and understand the special equipment they need to participate in their sports.
Did you know?
- The University of Arizona and Southern Arizona has some of the nation's best adaptive athletes, including elite Team USA participants AND Rio Paralympic Gold Medalists
- Many of our adaptive athletes became physically challenged due to service to our country, accidents, birth defects or cancer.
- The cost of the 5 running legs for the girls (pictured right) cost approximately $90,000 and they are NOT covered by insurance.
Come out and enjoy the following:
- Silent Auction and Raffle Items - Take a look at all of our raffle items via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/255137978250468/
- Athletic demonstrations - wheelchair sports
- An Opportunity to interact with incredible people who have overcome impressive obstacles in their athletic journeys.
- Meet & Greet with Miss Arizona USA 2017 - Tommy Lynn Calhoun (pictured right)
- Guest Speakers, including:
- Virginia Tinley - Current and Founding Executive Director of CAF (pictured far right)
- More to be announced!
The After Party!
- Join us at Gentle Ben's (on University) between 6-9pm on the second floor
- 20% of all proceeds will be donated - mention CAF Fundraiser!
(Cheer on UA Basketball as they play ASU away!)
All proceeds (from raffle tickets, donations and sponsorships) will benefit:
- The Challenged Athletes Foundation - Tucson area grants to buy equipment athletes need participate.
- UA Adaptive Athletics - Provides high-quality, meaningful opportunities for competitive wheelchair and adaptive sports.
- UA Campus Recreation - Providing diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Thank you to our partners: