Our GOAL is to create the most INCLUSIVE & ACCESSIBLE locker room. However, during construction, there will be some impact to Rec Center accessibility.
Campus Recreation, Planning Design and Construction, Breckenridge Architect Group, and Lloyd Construction have worked closely with the Disability Resource Center to ensure the facility will meet the needs of all members of the University of Arizona community. The design has been reviewed and vetted to ensure the renovation will provide improved facilities for all users.
- 7th Street: A portion of the sidewalk on the north side of 7th St will be closed to pedestrian traffic. An alternate, accessible route will be made available on the south side of the street.
- ELEVATOR: ELEVATOR SERVICE RESTORED AS OF AUG. 11, 2017.
There will be no elevator access to the second floor on the western side of Rec Center
- PARKING: Approximately six meter parking spots along 7th Street behind the Rec Center will be closed during construction
- POOL ENTRANCE: Access to the pool will be available through the western doors, near the racquetball courts
- POOL DECK: A temporary ramp will be constructed to access the pool deck
- SHOWERS: Accessible showers will be available in the All Gender Restroom/Shower Rooms near the front desk
- The locker room will have ADA accessible lockers, transfer benches, and showers
- Multiple cabanas will be ADA accessible
- A changing mat will be available in one of the private cabanas
- The new elevator will have a larger cab, with a wider door opening