Monday, March 13, 2017: Construction Mobilization
- Construction Trailer Arrives, Fencing Erected, General Construction Begins
- The contractor will place a construction trailer south of the Rec Center in the dirt area behind the pool.
- Construction workers will access the site via the pool deck. Screened fencing will provide privacy for our members using the pool.
- New Elevator Construction Begins
- Stairwell by South Gym/Track is closed.
- Temporary walls constructed to close off stairwell from both the first and second floors.
- The Track will remain open during construction.
Monday May 1, 2017: Temporary Pool Closure
- 8am - 12pm: The pool (and deck) will be closed to lift the temporary shower trailers into place. The pool (and deck) will be reopened as soon as the lift is complete.
Thursday, MAy 4, 2017: Locker Rooms Close for Construction
- All Semester and Annual Locker Renters' Belongings to be Cleared Out (by close of business)
- Campus Recreation will be in communication with all annual locker renters to discuss accommodations during construction
- Lockers will not be available for rent during the summer
- Temporary Shower Trailers Available on Pool Deck
- Private shower rooms will be available whenever the facility is open.
- Shower rooms may be closed during periods when lightning is in the area.
- Pool Hours Extended during Summer (match the building hours)
Friday May 5, 2017: Elevator Offline
- The current elevator will be taken offline to accommodate the overall construction schedule.
- Elevator is estimated to be unavailable until August 15.
- Efforts were made to have the new elevator online before the existing elevator was taken offline. Unfortunately the timing of the construction did not work in our favor.
- For more accessibility information, please visit the Accessibility Information page.
- For any access concerns, contact Renee Wood, Asst. Director, Facility & Member Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAY - August 2017: Construction
- Construction will take place through the summer.
- Updates will be posted throughout the project.
August 2017: Grand Opening
- Upon completion of the construction, Campus Recreation will host a grand opening celebration to showcase the new space. Please stay tuned for more specific information.
- The planned date for construction to be completed is August 15, 2017 with the Grand Opening to follow shortly after. Stay tuned for more details.