Monday, March 13, 2017: Construction Mobilization
- Construction Trailer Arrives, Fencing Erected, General Construction Begins
- The contractor will place a construction trailer south of the Rec Center in the dirt area behind the pool.
- Construction workers will access the site via the pool deck. Screened fencing will provide privacy for our members using the pool.
- New Elevator Construction Begins
- Stairwell by South Gym/Track is closed.
- Temporary walls constructed to close off stairwell from both the first and second floors.
- The Track will remain open during construction.
Thursday, MAy 4, 2017: Locker Rooms Close for Construction
- All Semester and Annual Locker Renters' Belongings to be Cleared Out (by close of business)
- Campus Recreation will be in communication with all annual locker renters to discuss accommodations during construction
- Lockers will not be available for rent during the summer
- Temporary Shower Trailers Available on Pool Deck
- Private shower rooms will be available whenever the facility is open.
- Shower rooms may be closed during periods when lightning is in the area.
- Pool Hours Extended during Summer (match the building hours)
Saturday, May 13, 2017: Elevator Offline
- The current elevator will be taken offline to accommodate the overall construction schedule.
- Elevator is estimated to be unavailable until August 15.
- Efforts were made to have the new elevator online before the existing elevator was taken offline. Unfortunately the timing of the construction did not work in our favor.
- For more accessibility information, please visit the Accessibility Information page
MAY - August 2017: Construction
- Construction will take place through the summer.
- Updates will be posted throughout the project.
August 2017: Grand Opening
- Upon completion of the construction, Campus Recreation will host a grand opening celebration to showcase the new space. Please stay tuned for more specific information.
- The planned date for construction to be completed is Friday August 11, 2017.