OPEN TODAY 6:00am - 12:00am
POOL 6:00am - 10:00pm

Facility Rentals FAQs

  • 10% Off Personal Training in March

    March Madness Personal Training Special…Save 10% automatically and be entered into a raffle to win 1 of 3 FREE MASSAGES from RecSPA.
  • 50% Off Sale at the Rec

    Spring Semester memberships, locker rentals and the group fitness pass are all HALF OFF!

Questions about Facility Rentals?  Here are the answers to some common questions about facility rentals.

How far in advance do I need to make reservations?

You should submit a reservation form at least two (2) weeks in advance of your event, to allow adequate time to schedule the facility/room.

How soon do I need to pay for the event?

All fees are due and payable prior to the date of the event. The due date will be listed on the invoice and is typically two full business days prior to the date of the event.  All past due payments are subject to additional fees. 

What happens if the facility or equipment is damaged?

All Campus Recreation property is to be accounted for and left in the condition it was received. Damage occurring in a room or loss of equipment during facility use will be charged to the reserving group/contact.

What do I have to do if I need to cancel the event?

Ten (10) calendar days notice is required to cancel a reservation in Campus Recreation facilities to avoid paying a cancelation fee. The cancellation fees are listed below:

Notice of Cancellation (calendar days)

Cancellation Fee


10% of the total reservation invoice


25% of the total reservation invoice

Cancellation made day of reservation or no-show

100% of the total reservation invoice

 Full room charges will be enforced for all “no shows” on reservations with existing charges or with rooms where physical labor has been expended. Groups using rooms at no charge who fail to cancel with the Facility Services Coordinator will incur a “no show” room charge.

Does my group need insurance?

The User shall provide and maintain insurance applicable to this event as follows:

a. Commercial general liability in the amount of: $2,000,000 (Each occurrence)

b. Comprehensive automobile liability in the amount of $1,000,000 (if applicable)

c. Workers’ Compensation as required by statute and employer’s liability in the amount of $100,000 (if applicable).


The User will furnish certification of such coverage prior to the event, which names the Arizona Board of Regents on behalf of the University of Arizona and the State of Arizona as additional insured for the event. The certificate provided shall clearly establish that the coverage provided is primary and that any insurance carried by the University is excess.


These insurance requirements may be modified or waived only with the written approval of The University of Arizona Department of Risk Management and Safety.

Group liability insurance for events held in Campus Recreation facilities may be purchased through TULIP (https://tulip.ajgrms.com/). 

Is audio/visual equipment available for my event?

Audio/visual equipment is available for a rental fee in some of the facilities/rooms offered by Campus Recreation. Please consult with event planner when making room reservations for the cost associated with using audio/visual equipment.

Is amplification equipment available for my event?

Campus Recreation does have sound systems available for rent, at an added fee.

Outside sound amplification will be permitted as follows for outside facilities:

  1. When University classes are in session, sound amplification is only allowed from 12:00pm-1:00pm Monday-Friday and from 5:00-7:00pm Monday-Thursday.
  2. No sound amplification is permitted after 7:00pm Monday-Thursday except when authorized for Official University Activities.
  3. Amplified sound is restricted to prevent unreasonable interference with or disruption to normal Campus activities, and in no event shall it exceed 85 decibels at the source. Sound on Sitton Field cannot exceed 70 decibels from 7th Street (right outside the field) due to neighborhood policies.

Can I bring in our own food and beverages for my event?

Food and beverages must be approved through Campus Recreation. Outside food and beverages whose cost does not exceed $750.00 is permitted upon Campus Recreation approval. Anything above this limit must be approved through Arizona Student Unions.

Do I need to get approval for advertising my event?

Any advertising or promotion of a program, special event, product or service to be held in Campus Recreation facilities must be discussed and approved beforehand by Campus Recreation administrative staff.

Is parking included in the price of my event reservation?

Parking is NOT included in the rental of facilities/rooms. There is limited street parking near the Student Recreation Center. To purchase a day pass for parking or for more information on parking policies, locations, and costs please contact Parking and Transportation at 621-3710 or visit their website at http://parking.arizona.edu.

Are staff members allowed access to the facility during my event?

Campus Recreation staff has access to all facilities/rooms at any and all times.