Kick off Homecoming the healthy way! Join Campus Rec, Alumni Association, Faculty Fellow, Campus Health, and Housing & Residential Life at the Lighting of "A" FUN 5K! It all leads up to the Lighting of "A" Mountain party on the top of Main Gate Garage!
Run, walk or roll at the Lighting of "A" Fun 5K (formally Wildcats to the Rescue), a University of Arizona collaborative effort between departments to support a local cause. This year, the event will support UA Campus Pantry. We invite all participants to donate non-perishable food items or a monetary donation to help our students on campus. One hundred percent of participant donations will go to the UA Campus Pantry, which works to reduce food shortage in the Wildcat Community.
- Day: Sunday, October 21st
- Cost: FREE to participate. Donations (monetary or food items) are accepted to benefit UA Campus Pantry.
- Location: UA Mall (run will loop 6 times near Old Main to Cherry Ave), and the celebration will continue on top of Main Gate Garage
- Theme: UA Spirit!
- Schedule of Events:
- 3 PM - Check In and On Site Registration Opens
- 3:30 PM - Kitty (kids) Run
- 4 PM - 5K Fun Run
- 5 PM - Celebration and Contest Prizes at the Lighting of A Mountain on Main Gate Garage
- Event Includes:
- FREE T-Shirt to first 300 participants
- Contest Prizes - pre-registration includes 2 tickets to win amazing prizes! Opportunity to purchase more tickets at the event.
- Finisher Medal
- FREE Pizza at Lighting of A Mountain on Main Gate Garage
- Awards for best costume pair, best stroller, best overall costume (kids and adult)
Questions and Accessibility Inquiries? Heather Kleeman at email@example.com or 520-626-9968