Rate of Pay
Accepting applications until Monday, May 1, 2023 - 17:00
The Campus Recreation Student Graphic Designer (SGD) will have the opportunity to generate functional and creative design while maintaining graphic and visual standards based on departmental and program philosophy. Work independently and in a team setting to produce clear, consistent, creative, and compelling design in a timely manner. The SGD will work under the supervision of the Senior Graphic Designer, Marketing and Communications. Work schedule is flexible to meet the student’s academic schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Attend staff meetings and trainings
* Model department values and expectations
* Create, design, illustrate, typeset and produce graphics for layout of all forms of printed matters such as: booklets, brochures, reports, plasma screens, newsletters, posters, signs, flyers, and advertisements, as well as electronic materials such as web and rich-content email graphics.
* Collaborate with Campus Recreation Marketing to: fulfill requests from program areas for graphic design and/or layout work; develop ideas/concepts and graphic content; recommend paper stock, layout and media requirements; create composites; and modify concepts based on needs and budgetary considerations.
* Maintain accurate job record/tracking.
* Knowledge and skilled in design, layout and illustration.
* Demonstrated knowledge and skill in computer design programs for Macintosh platform (OSX) such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Web design/layout a plus.
* Majoring in (portfolio acceptance) visual communication/graphic design, having completed the 200-level courses with at least a “B” average.
* Knowledge of typography, photography, pre-press, and computer generated design and layout.
* Excellent organization skills, communication and customer service skills.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
* Previous graphic design experience, either with class projects or previous work experience.
* Available to work during the winter/summer months.
The successful incumbent is required to have the following certifications and training:
-All Department of Campus Recreation employees are required to complete blood borne pathogen training within 45 days of hire and renew on an annual basis.
-Complete New Employee training which includes but not limited to Emergency Action Plan, Nondiscrimination and Anti-harassment Policy training, All-Employee Security (Computer) Awareness, Online Driver Registration & Golf Cart (if authorized), and Youth Safety Training within 45 days of hire.
If Interested in Applying:
* Complete application at rec.arizona.edu/jobs (include a resume with references from employers/professors).
* Submit digital samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “SGD—Digital Samples”.