The REC: M-R 6a-10p* | F 6a-9p* | Sa 8a-8p* | Su 11a-10p*
NorthREC: M-R 12p-10p | F 12p-9p | Closed Weekends
*Pool closes 1 hr. earlier
~Hours subject to change~
- This fee was approved by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) in 2010 to ensure that health and recreation services are available to all students. The fee is split between Campus Recreation and Campus Health with 49.5% of the fee allocated to Campus Recreation and 50.5% to Campus Health. After implementation, both Campus Health and Campus Recreation were classified as auxiliaries and removed from state and local funding sources. This is a mandatory, non-refundable fee.
- In the spring of 2017, ABOR approved an increase of the fee by $125 for incoming students beginning in the fall of 2017.
- Recreation facilities include Bear Down Gym Weight Room, Recreation Center, Rincon Vista Fields and Pavilion, Robson Tennis Center, Gittings Gym, Bear Down Field and Sitton Field.
ASUA initiated and passed a bond fee for the purpose of building the original student recreation center. It was approved by ABOR in 1986 and then extended in 2006 for another 30-year term, beginning 2011, to pay for facility expansion. This is a mandatory, non-refundable fee.
The University in conjunction with the Associated Students of The University of Arizona (ASUA) recommended this fee to support recreation programs, student staff wages, sports clubs, and facilities. The fee was approved by ABOR in 2002. This is a refundable fee.
Students enrolled for any number of credits at Tucson-based campuses (examples include, but are not limited to: UA Main, AZ Health Sciences, UA Downtown, UA Tech) pay mandatory student fees, including the Health and Recreation Fee, Recreation Bond Fee and Recreation Program Fee. However, some students, not located in the greater Tucson area, may be eligible for a fee waiver for the H&R and Recreation Bond fees. Qualifications to receive a fee waiver are:
- I am registered for thesis/dissertation hours only and I do not currently reside in the greater Tucson area.
- I am registered for internship/practicum hours only and I do not currently reside in the greater Tucson area
- I am not enrolled for any credits on Tucson-based campuses (examples include, but are not limited to, UA Main, AZ Health Sciences, UA Downtown, UA Tech).
- I am enrolled for an online-only degree program.
- Fall 2020: 12/9/2020
- Spring 2021: 5/5/2021 (tentative)
- Summer 2021
- Pre Session: 6/5/2021 (tentative)
- 1st Seven Week: 7/3/2020 (tentative)
- 1st Five Week: 7/8/2021 (tentative)
- Thirteen Week: 8/11/2021 (tentative)
- Ten Week: 8/11/2021 (tentative)
- 2nd Seven Week: 8/20/2021 (tentative)
- 2nd Five Week: 8/21/2021 (tentative)