~ FALL SEMESTER HOURS (subject to change) ~
The REC: M-Th 6a-12a | F 6a-11p | Sa 8a-11p | Su 8a-12a
Pool @ The REC: M-F 6a-10p | Sa 8a-8p | Su 10a-8p
NorthREC: M-F 6a-10p | Sa/Su 8a-10p
All prices include tax. All reservations are non-refundable.
The Fine Print
Canoe, paddle board, and bike rentals restricted to current UA students, faculty and staff. All other rentals available to UA students, faculty, staff, and the general public. Bursars, Visa, and MasterCard are accepted. All returns require a check-in setup with customer present to ensure no damages.
Equipment may be reserved by visiting Outdoor Rec, selecting your equipment, and paying the rental fee up front. All reservation payments are non-refundable. No reservations will be made over the phone.
No refunds will be given for any rentals or rental reservations unless the rented gear was incorrect or incomplete.
Covid-19 Protocols for Outdoor Recreation Day Trips
Participants must agree to the following University Guidelines for Outdoor Recreation Day Trips.
- No consumption of food or drink while in vehicles
- All food during outing is supplied by the individual
- Masks must be worn at all times during transport
- Must agree to limit contact with anyone not in the traveling/Outdoor Rec event "bubble" for the duration of the program.
- All participants must have a negative PCR test done 2-3 days prior to the start of the trip or an antigen test done the day before travel.
- No test done will be considered a No-Show, and will not receive a refund
- A positive test will be allowed transfer to a currently enrolling outdoor Rec trip/workshop.
Two weeks prior to the start of trip/class, enrolled participants may withdraw and receive a full refund minus a $15 administrative fee. Between one and two weeks prior to the start of trip/class, enrolled participants may transfer into another Outdoor Rec trip or class of an equal or lesser value, or apply the cost of the original trip or class as credit towards a trip or class of greater value. One week or less before a trip or class, no refunds or transfers will be given.
For some high demand trips/workshops a $25 fee is charge to hold a spot on the waitlist. Should an enrollment open up, the first person on the waitlist will be offered this spot. If they turn down this spot, they forfeit the $25 fee. The spot will then be offered to the next person on the list. Should someone not be offered a spot, they will be refunded the $25 fee.
See the file below for all rental gear pricing. Pricing is determined by whether the renter is a student, Rec Center member, or Tucson Community member (anyone not a student or rec member). Weekend pricing is for Fri-Mon, day pricing is used for any additional days before or after the weekend.