May Accelerated Scuba Diver Course
For those that want the Coursework in a more condensed format and mostly on the weekends!
Friday, May 22th - 6:30PM-10PM
Saturday, May 23th - 8AM-5PM
Sunday, May 24 - 8AM-5PM
Scuba Diver is the NAUI entry-level scuba certification course. It provides the fundamental knowledge and skills to scuba dive. Upon successful completion of this course and check out dives, graduates are considered competent to engage in open water diving activities without supervision, provided the diving activities and the areas dived approximate those of training. No previous SCUBA experience required; however, basic swimming skills are necessary to complete the course.
This instructional class will meet for classroom and pool sessions at the Student Recreation Center. A NAUI certification referral will be awarded upon successful completion of the course, and participants will be able to complete their certification with an open water dive trip.
- Course Fees Include - Tuition, Classroom Materials, SCUBA Gear (BCD, Regulators, Wetsuit, Tanks, Weights)
- Course Fees Do Not Include - *Personal Equipment (Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots), Open Water Checkout Dives
This is an Accelerated Blended Learning course. There will be required coursework before class time.
Each student must have their own personal equipment - Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots. *You can beg borrow or purchase from anywhere and UA Outdoor Recreation has put together easy packages for those needing equipment.
- Mask - Tempered Glass and Fits
- Snorkel - Can you breath through it?
- Fins - Open Heel (To wear With Boots) DIVING FINS NOT SNORKEL FINS
- Boots - Snug fit and fits with your fins
The UA SCUBA Program utilizes the OR Refund Policy - Please review the policy before purchasing.
This is an Accelerated Blended Learning course you need to complete 1-4 below before the first class session:
- Pick up your Scuba Course Materials
- Obtain your personal equipment
- Complete the NAUI Medical Questionnaire
- If you answer "yes" on any questions contact your instructor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign on to the NAUI eLearning site with code in your course materials
- Complete sections 1-3 before the first course
- No previous SCUBA experience required.
- Basic Swimming Skills and the ability to function in an educational and physical environment are necessary.
Before participating in this activity, you are required to attend a mandatory introductory meeting.