Membership access is granted for each individual semester you are concurrently enrolled on the main campus. Membership grants you access during the hours of operation to all three locations: SouthREC, NorthREC and BearDownREC. If enrolled on the main campus for both Fall and Spring semesters, then your membership will be valid throughout the entire year: Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Two exceptions are satellite and online students. Satellite students, defined as enrolled in any University microcampus, must purchase a regular membership and online students, those enrolled in ONLY online course work, are eligible for a $99 semester membership.
University Enrollment Fees
Students registering and enrolling on the main campus will be responsible for the student fees shown on their bursar statement. Amongst the fees are the Health and Recreation Fee (H&R Fee), Recreation Bond Fee and Recreation Program Fee. The H&R Fee portion is the contribution that provides membership access to Campus REC.
To enter any Campus REC facility, simply show or swipe your government issued ID or CatCard.
- This fee was approved by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) in 2010 to ensure that health and recreation services are available to all students. The fee is split between Campus Recreation and Campus Health with 49.5% of the fee allocated to Campus Recreation and 50.5% to Campus Health. After implementation, both Campus Health and Campus Recreation were classified as auxiliaries and removed from state and local funding sources. This is a mandatory, non-refundable fee.
- In the spring of 2017, ABOR approved an increase of the fee by $125 for incoming students beginning in the fall of 2017, with Campus Health receiving 50.5% of the fee and Campus Recreation 49.5% of the fee.
- In the spring of 2022, ABOR approved an increase of the fee $172 for incoming students beginning in the fall of 2022, with Campus Health receiving 51% of the fee and Campus Recreation 49% of the fee.
- Recreation facilities include SouthREC, NorthREC, BearDownREC, Rincon Vista Fields and Pavilion, Robson Tennis Center, Bear Down Field and Sitton Field.
- Read the recent minutes from the H&R Fee Board Meeting.
Students enrolled for any number of credits at Tucson-based campuses (examples include, but are not limited to: UAZ Main, UAZ Health Sciences, UAZ Downtown, UAZ Tech) pay mandatory student fees, including the Health and Recreation Fee, Recreation Bond Fee and Recreation Program Fee. However, some students, not located in the greater Tucson area, may be eligible for a fee waiver for the H&R and Recreation Bond fees.
Qualifications to receive a fee waiver are:
- I am registered for thesis/dissertation hours only and I do not currently reside in the greater Tucson area.
- I am registered for internship/practicum hours only and I do not currently reside in the greater Tucson area
- I am not enrolled for any credits on Tucson-based campuses (examples include, but are not limited to, UAZ Main, UAZ Health Sciences, UAZ Downtown, UAZ Tech).
- I am enrolled for an online-only degree program.
Fee Waiver/Refund Deadlines
Review of fee waiver/refund will commence the week of September 19, 2022. All funds must be paid in full before any refunds are completed. Deadline to submit fee waiver/refund request is December 7, 2022.
- Fall 2022: Review of fee waiver/refund will commence the week of September 19, 2022. All funds must be paid in full before any refunds are completed. Deadline to submit fee waiver/refund request is December 7, 2022.
Campus REC only charges the Program Fee for the Summer semester.
For questions about Fee Waivers and Refunds, email CREC-Accounting@email.arizona.edu
ASUA initiated and passed a bond fee for the purpose of building the original student recreation center. It was approved by ABOR in 1986 and then extended in 2006 for another 30-year term, beginning 2011, to pay for facility expansion. This is a mandatory, non-refundable fee.
The University in conjunction with the Associated Students of The University of Arizona (ASUA) recommended this fee to support recreation programs, student staff wages, sports clubs, and facilities. The fee was approved by ABOR in 2002. This is a refundable fee.
Each location offers lockers free for day use or extended stay rentals by the semester for student members. Day use lockers require a personal lock. Visit the front desk to secure your extend stay rental.
|SEMESTER||12" W by 30" H||$55|
|SEMESTER||12" W by 20" H||$40|
Day rentals available for your recreation needs. Located by the entrance of 1st floor lockers/cabanas/restrooms
- Basketballs (men's and women's)
- Footballs- SouthREC only
- Key Lock ($2.00 day rental)
- Pickleball Equipment - SouthREC only
- Racquetball Equipment - SouthREC only
- Soccerballs (indoor and outdoor) - SouthREC only
- Squash Equipment- SouthREC only
- Table Tennis Equipment- SouthREC only
- Tennis Racquets- SouthREC only
- Volleyballs (indoor and outdoor)
Day rentals available for your fitness needs. Located in the main weight room.
- Ab Straps
- Bicep Isolators
- Boxing Gloves
- Dip Belts
- Foam roller
- Jump Ropes
- Squat Pads
- Stoops/Resistance Band
- Weight Belts
- Woody Bands
Equipment available for day use at the pool.
- Hand Paddles
- Pull Buoys
- Water Dumbbells
- Water Float Belt
- Water Basketball
- Floating Mats
Sports Equipment is available at a rental cost. Please contact the sports office at CREC-SPORTS@email.arizona.edu for information on renting any of the following items:
- Blank yard line markers
- Dodgeballs (Large)
- Dodgeballs (Small)
- Flag Belts
- Goal line markers
- Indoor Soccer Balls
- Indoor Volleyballs
- Kan Jam
- Ladder Golf
- Lawn Games (Ladder Golf, Kan Jam, & Spikeball as a set)
- Sport Officials
- Outdoor Soccer Balls
- Sand Volleyballs
- Scoreboards (digital)
- Scoreboards (flip)
- Spike Ball Set
- Wiffleball Bats
- 20-yard line markers
- 40-yard line markers
Retail Items available at Equipment Checkout
- Athletic Tape ($5.00)
- Combo Lock ($7.00)
- Hair Ties ($0.25)
- Head Phones ($10-$20)
- Swim Goggles ($20.00)