The definitive wilderness course in medical training, leadership, and critical thinking for outdoor, low-resource, and remote professional leaders.
The Wilderness First Responder program is the ideal medical training for leaders in remote areas including outdoor educators, guides, military, professional search and rescue teams, researchers, and those involved with disaster relief. The Curriculum is comprehensive and practical. It includes the essential principals and skills required to asses and manage medical problems in isolated and extreme environments for days and weeks if necessary.
The Wilderness First Responder curriculum is written in-house by a team of remote medical rescue researchers and professionals. On going evidence-based research and review contributes to a unique and innovative approach to patient care in the backcountry and austere settings. The curriculum is comprehensive, complete and kept current on an annual basis. This is the most current and cutting edge course of any first response medical training (urban or remote) in the world.
- All teaching materials will be at no additional costs. Student will receive the following books in this course:
- Wilderness and Rescue Medicine: A Practical Guide for the Basic and Advanced Practitioner
- The Field Guide of Wilderness and Rescue Medicine
- Wilderness Medicine Workbook
- Wilderness First Responder Class Notes
- SOAP Notebook
Participants must be 18 years of age at completion of the course.