The REC: M-F 6a-10p* | Sa 8a-8p* | Su 8a-10p*
NorthREC: M-F 6a-2p & 4p-8p | Sa/Su 8a-5p
*Pool closes 1 hr. earlier
~Hours subject to change~
OPEN RECREATION HOURS AND UPDATES
Beginning Monday, May 17th you will no longer need to reserve court space through IMLeagues for basketball and badminton. Courts will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Summer hours for open recreation will be 12pm-3pm, and 5pm-8pm.
In 2017 & 2018, Campus Recreation worked with a group of key players/stakeholders representing many on-campus organizations to discuss how to create a welcoming and inclusive environment. Through various focus groups, we learned about the obstacles and solutions to achieve a truly welcoming environment for students, faculty/staff and visitors.
Strategies discussed by the Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Group and implemented to date.
- Inclusivity Statement for Campus Recreation
- A webpage dedicated to these efforts (this page)
- Renovated locker rooms with gender inclusive and family style spaces
- Safe Zone training for all full-time staff and diversity and inclusion training for all student staff
- Use of UA's new preferred name instead of a legal name in the recreation software
- Educational programs through campus partners on healthy body image
- Educational programs through campus partners on nutrition
- Free weight room orientations and low-cost customized fitness orientations
- Workout Partner sign up at Weight Room desk
- Diverse facility amenities designed to reach all audiences (e.g. Table Tennis tables, Foosball Tables, Video Game stations, etc.)
- Re-organization of 2nd-floor weight room equipment into a circuit (easier to follow for beginners)
- More hand weights in more locations and more smaller weight hand weights
- More equipment and space dedicated to functional fitness
- An expanded slate of health and wellness program offerings
- More inclusive publicity photos (a work in progress!)
- Sanitary napkin receptacles in all restroom stalls regardless of gender
- Free "Day Use" lockers located in non-gender specific areas
- Gender inclusive restrooms/showers located up front in the hallway by the exit turnstiles next to Smart Moves Studio
- Family Room located on the 2nd floor to be used for nursing or mediation
- A direct and accessible entrance to the pool deck off of the Rec Oasis Lounge area